Content Experience Documentation
This is the technical documentation of THRON Player, intended for developers and integrators, here you will find:
- Release notes of each Player's version, with full changelog and default templates available for download.
- Embed code parameters to let you customize embed codes at will or to build new ones via API.
- All the events fired by the Player, to which you can hook in order to create custom integrations.
The goal is to provide a complete tool to let you customize and enhance the features offered by the Player or to make personalized interactions with any web page.
- Make hotspot creation more robust in some edge cases involving playlists 360 and mismatched image resolutions.
- Added event hotspotsReady.
- Fixed edge case with lockBitrate parameter on Safari.
- Fixed lockBitrate parameter selecting the wrong bitrate on Safari.
- Fixed Twitter share button not working properly.
- Removed Google+ share button.
- Fixed a bug when closing an hotspot content opened from a playlist.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect thumbnails to appear in videos.
- Fixed downloads' filename when player is embedded in iframe mode.
- Fixed a bug that caused an error when loading plugins using THRONPreloadResources function.
- Fixed a bug that caused the link inside pagelet to not open on a new window.
- Improved hotspot experience; when going back from a hotspot content in the 360° Product View, the user will return to the previous current item.
- Fixed some security issues.
- Fixed a bug that caused a wrong hotspots' tooltips positioning in fullscreen.
- Fixed some security issues.
- Fixed a bug, that caused an error when destroy API is called while reproducing recommended contents.
- Improved dynamic bitrate handling of video contents.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to click on unavailable qualities in the quality selector.
- Fixed a bug that caused a wrong hotspot positioning in the 360° Product View.
- Added support for embedCodeId param to the THRONPreloadResources method.
- Fixed inconsistencies in hotspot rendering logic.
- Fixed a bug that caused, after player destruction, the continuous reproduction of recommended contents.
- Fixed a bug that caused a wrong hotspots positioning after player or window resize.
- Fixed a bug that caused navigation between linked contents to not work properly when hotspots are active.
- Improved font loading performance.
- Fixed a bug that caused issues when changing content between two playlists of the same type.
- Fixed a bug that removed all the players' hotspots in the page when clearing hotspots, instead of removing only the ones of the current player instance.
- Fixed the refreshHotspots API not returning a promise.
- Improved user experience when using hotspot's edit mode.
- Added a new API, refreshHotspots, that allows to force hotspots reload and refresh.
- Video and video playlists are now supported as content linked to an hotspot.
- Fixed a bug that caused URL hotspots to not open correctly in some cases.
- Fixed a bug that caused the getAllHotspots API to return an error in some cases.
- Fixed some bugs that caused errors when re-embedding a player with hotspots enabled.
- Fixed some issues when accessing contents with linked or downloadable contents via hotspots.
- The gallery slider is now available for 360° Product View reproducer. It is not active by default, if needed it is to be configured by altering the schema (see Customize Control Bars section). A new entry in the schema is now available for 360° Product View (called THREESIXTY, it previously used the same as the IMAGE reproducer).
- 360° Product View now emits the itemGalleryChanged event when changing between frames.
- The goToContent, prevContent, nextContent APIs for 360° Product View now automatically start loading all frames instead of returning a warning when trying to call them before the 360° Product View is initialized.
- Added support for 360° Product View in goToContent, prevContent, nextContent APIs.
- Loader now uses SVG for increased performance and reduced transfer size.
- Some improvements for accessibility.
- Fixed an error when adding an hotspot to the displayed content.
- Fixed an error when viewing playlists through an hotspot.
- Fixed a race condition that sometimes caused the linked content list to be incorrect.
- Internal improvements.
- Added hotspots feature for content types: image, image playlist, 360° Product View.
- Improved language parameter involved in the management of fallback scenario.
- Fixed some bugs when trying to download attachments in some edge cases.
- Improved image performance.
- Internal improvements.
- Added THRONPreloadResources method that allows to preload player resources (js and css files) to speed up calls to THRONContentExperience.
- Enabled non-muted autoplay for videos when THRONPreloadResources has been called (this allows embedding an autoplay video in response to an user action, even on mobile devices).
- Improved experience for noSkin videos/live events on mobile: now a single tap toggles between play and pause; for fullscreen action, a double tap is required.
- Fixed some bugs that caused malfunctions trying to change content via API with the linked content bar displayed.
- Fixed a bug in the mute/unmute button on live content viewed from mobile devices.
- Added support for pauseOtherPlayers param for live events.
- Improved documentation.
- New embed parameter, trackingDelay, to delay tracking events for live content.
- The event advAllCompleted is now fired regardless if the ads completed with success or not.
- The content API now returns the creation date of the reproduced content in addition to other informations.
- Changed some video quality labels for progressive videos.
- Fixed a bug that caused some events to be fired after the player was destroyed.
- Fixed a bug that caused advertising not to be shown correctly on some devices.
- Improved channel parsing
- Added some new colors for the preloader.
- Fixed a bug that caused some playlist elements issues
- Fixed a bug that caused some qualities not to be listed for HLS video contents.
- Fixed a bug that caused qualities to be in the wrong order for progressive download videos.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some qualities from being chosen as default when reproducing progressive download videos.
- Improved downloadable content menu usability for mobile devices
- Improved linked content usability for mobile devices
- Document content now support copy/paste functionality (only for downloadable ones)
- On iOS devices, video and video gallery will now use THRON player skin in fullscreen instead of the native one (only for iPad devices with iOS version >= 12.2)
- New embed parameter, video360, to playback 360 Video.
- Poster is now shown correctly in Live Events on Safari.
- Updated muted parameter. When player is embedded muted it prevents volume to be changed: content will always be muted
- Redesigned volume control ux. Clicking on the speaker icon toggles volume on and off (it does not mute)
- Autoplay videos will now start with volume 0. This is required by modern browsers to allow content autoplay. If browser allows it the user can re-activate audio by interacting with the volume icon
- Volume control is now always shown on mobile devices to allow toggling audio on autoplaying content
- Live content now supports 1080p and 1440p streams
- Live content now supports multiple audio tracks
- Security improvements
- Fixed a bug that caused recommended content being shown with an incorrect aspect ratio
- Custom pcrOptions will apply just on the first content. Subsequent content playbacks will apply content type's default parameters (see pcrOptions documentation for details)
- Fixed some security issues
- New embed parameter, enablePlaylistDragNavigation, to navigate through the gallery items with mouse drag in desktop devices
- Increased compatibility of autoplay videos with the latest MacOS/Safari version
- Fixed a bug that caused images to stretch by changing content via API
- Fixed a bug that caused 360° Product View to stop working by clicking on linked content
- New embed parameter, pauseOtherPlayers, to pause all other video instances of the Player when a video is played
- Added index and preview sidebar for document player
- Improved live event reconnection in iOS devices
- Subtitles compatibility with iOS devices has been added
- Player can handle "360 Product View" content type
- Player can display recommended content
- Increased compatibility with WebView-based applications
- The jQuery version used by the player has been updated
- Better management of content’s description displayed over the player
- Added tooltip for content’s title when truncated
- New embed parameter to mute advertising
- Dynamic bitrate of video content now supports up to 5000kbps
- Quality can now be manually selected on live events too
- Fixed a bug that prevented advertising from running on some versions of Android and iOS
- Fixed a bug that forced the userLanguage param to "undefined" when editing a template with the Advanced code editor
- Fixed a bug that, in the presence of an AdBlocker, caused the video stream to be blocked, but the audio was still reproduced
- Fixed a bug that prevented posters to be displayed correctly upon live events interruptions
- Fixed a bug that caused the quality selector to blink upon click
- Fixed a bug that prevented to skip to documents' last page using keyboard
- Updated some examples in the CE documentation
- Fixed a bug that caused a loader to briefly appear right after the start of a video content.
- New Player (CE) now supports "Live" content type
- New parameter to disable waveform generation when embedding an audio
- New parameter to lock video display at the highest available bitrate
- New parameter to control minimum size of the document player. Below this size the player will be embedded in "thumbnail" mode and will enter fullscreen once tapped/clicked
- Fixed some bugs for an improved user experience.
- A completely refurbished graphic
- Player customization much simpler and more intuitive
- Improved class css conflict management
- Improved execution performances
- New important features, such as:
- Quality change for video and video playlists
- Immersive zoom for images and image playlists
- Real audio wave for audio and playlist audio
Within THRON Dashboard there is a whole new section that allows you to manage all the Player's customizations and the related embed codes; it is called "CONTENT EXPERIENCE MANAGER".
This section will let you customize the look and feel of the Player with two editing modes:
- Visual mode, which allows you to customize the colors of our player via buttons and inputs
- Code mode, which allows you to customize our player by modifying the style (css) and behavior (js) of our basic customization
These js and css files which implement each Player's customization will be automatically included by the Player itself, so that you do not have to manually include them on every website!
You can view the basic css and js files of each Player's version within the "CONTENT EXPERIENCE MANAGER" section of THRON Dashboard, or if you prefer, you can download the sources here